TARYN BARRY, THE IMMIGRATION TEAM LEAD AT DIGIOUTSOURCE, TAKES US THROUGH THE IMMIGRATION PROCESS FOR OUR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES, FOCUSING ON THE SUPPORT DIGIOUTSOURCE PROVIDES ALONG THE WAY.
What is the process?
“Once International candidates have been screened and an offer of employment letter has been signed, we begin the process of applying for a visa. I am well aware of just how daunting the visa application process can be, and know that candidates can find the paperwork and instructions overwhelming. Not only do we offer support to ensure the understanding of country specific requirements, and the often-missed fine print, DigiOutsource also takes care of a great deal of the costs involved. This takes a massive weight off the candidates, and we hope shows just how important taking care of a new Digi family member is to us.”
“Candidates are flown, at DigiOutsource’s cost, from their current country of residence to our London office, Digi-International, where they will be trained and work for the next 6-8 months, depending on how long their visa takes to be approved. We have really nice accommodation that we provide where other candidates working at Digi-International live too, and this is to create a sense of family. Many of the candidates move to Cape Town at similar times which is often helpful for building familiarity in a new country, especially in the beginning stages.”
How Does DigiOutsource Support International Candidates?
“Certain documentation is the responsibility of the candidate, this includes, for example, medical and birth certificates, among others. DigiOutsource is truly amazing in their financial support during the process, from taking care of things such as:
- We provide you with accommodation in London for the duration of your stay/until your visa has been issued.
- Flights: to London from your home country, from London to the embassy and back, and from London to Cape Town.
- Flight to Cape Town once your visa has been approved.
- Payment of your visa application fee.
- Cost of document translation.
- 3 months paid for accommodation chosen by DigiOutsource in Cape town.
- Annual flight subsidy to home country from Cape Town.
- Transport from the airport to the accommodation.
- Welcome pack upon arrival in Cape Town.
- A hot meal on your first night in Cape Town.
“We take every effort to assist candidates at each step of the process, and provide additional perks once they arrive in Cape Town, including a quarterly language bonus (for as long as they are in a role where they actively use their home language). After 2 years working at DigiOutsource, we assist with their application for permanent residence in South Africa.”
If you or someone you know would be interested in a career adventure with DigiOutsource, then take a look at our list of opportunities for International candidates here: https://bit.ly/32CiFGk
For any questions please email [email protected]